Are you enrolled in the Real Life Center Full Program and considering starting your own business or have you recently begun the process to start your own business? The Real Life Center’s “Helping Hand” Grant Program may be able to assist you in reaching your goal of business ownership and begin the process to achieve economic security. This program is a holistic approach to helping our families by providing assistance with starting their own business with the goal of improving their economic security once the business is operational and sustainable.
This program provides a one-time grant to assist with financial items associated with starting a new business or helping a newly created business grow. Items covered may include the following:
- Administrative supplies
- Business license
- Equipment to start or expand a business
- Marketing or business plan development
- Website development
Eligibility for the Program requires:
- Enrollment in our Full Program
- Fayette or Coweta County resident
- Commitment to work with a Real Life Center appointed mentor
- Commitment to attend an educational class on topics such as starting a new business, budgeting, property and casualty insurance, interviewing staff, etc.
A maximum grant amount of up to $3000 is available, with lower thresholds based on the business proposal and need. Once approved items are purchased and official receipts turned in, client will be reimbursed directly to their LLC. All applicants must show individual economic need for the grant. Accountability steps are included in the grant award to show how funds are utilized.
If you are interested in further details regarding the “Helping Hand” Grant Program and in filling out an application, call or email our Marketing and Education Coordinator, 770-631-9334 ext. 304.