Volunteer and U-Pick Information
U-Pick 4 Others Blueberry Patch
The U-Pick 4 Others blueberry patch will open Saturday, June 13th. This is a great activity for families looking for something fun and free to do! You have the opportunity to pick fresh fruit for the client families we serve at Real Life Center and make a difference in the lives of many.
Start Date: June 13th
Days/Hours: Mondays 5-7 pm, Wednesdays 8-10 am, Thursdays 5-7 pm and Saturdays 8-10 am by scheduled picking appointment only
Location: Across from the Real Life Center @ 975 Hwy 74 N, Tyrone, GA 30290
Picking blueberries during the U-Pick 4 Others season will be done differently this year. For the safety of everyone, the following modifications have been made:
- Picking will be done through scheduling yourself, your family, or your group through our scheduling system in order to control the number of people we have in the blueberry bushes at one time. Click Here to schedule a time to participate.
- There will be a self-regulated 6-foot distance requirement between pickers.
- Because of the great needs we are seeing in the community with those affected by the COVID-19 crisis, all the berries picked will come to the families we serve versus in the past when pickers could take a portion home with them.
- We are unable to provide public restrooms. It is a good idea to make sure all your little ones use the restroom before you come to the orchard.
- It is wise to bring a water bottle with you. We do not have drinking water available at the orchard.
- Although we work at keeping insects at bay, there may be ants and bees enjoying the orchard. Please use caution if you have any allergies to bites and stings; you are picking at your own risk.
- Please do not begin picking before the designated open picking times.
“Like” us on Facebook to keep posted and for information about cancellations due to weather.
Volunteer with a Real Life Fruit Orchard and Garden Team
Each year we harvest a wide variety of produce in our Orchard and Vegetable Garden. Each variety has a Team Leader who studies publications on plant care, organizes group project days, and trains other volunteer team members.
How do I sign-up to volunteer to be on a Harvest for Real Life Fruit Orchard team?
If you are interested in volunteering with a Harvest for Real Life Fruit Orchard team, please review VOLUNTEER TEAMS for a brief description of each team and what would be involved in volunteering. Then go to CONTACT US, and share how you would like to serve. Someone will contact you to discuss the next steps. CLICK HERE to access the WAIVER and please return it to us before volunteering.
Meet Our Team Leaders
|Orchard Coordinator||Steve Thomas|
|Grounds Crew||Kevin Welch|