The Real Life Center offers two programs to those seeking assistance.
Resources available in this program are:
- Market. Weekly access to bread, baked goods, and a variety of additional items (based on availability).
- Produce. Weekly access to fresh fruit and vegetables donated by local businesses, farmers, and our own Harvest for Real Life Fruit Orchard and Garden.
- Seasonal and Holiday Programs. Christmas Hams, Thanksgiving Turkeys, School Supplies and more (while supplies last).
- Financial Counseling. Analysis of your current financial situation and direction to promote financial stability.
- Educational Classes. Further your education in areas such as money management, spiritual growth, nutrition, healthy relationships and more. For information about our class schedule, click here.
- Resume Assistance. Get assistance with resume preparation.
- Network & Referral. Resources within the community for instances where the Real Life Center is unable to assist.
- Senior Programs. Participate in “Take a Break” social events open only to our seniors age 60 and older. Click here for more information.
- Mobile Food Pantry. A variety of food is distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Open to the public. Click here for more information.
In addition to the services provided in the Introductory Program, our Full Program includes the following additional services.
- Pantry. Monthly access to non-perishable food items, paper goods, and personal care items.
- Clothing Closet. Periodic access to clothing, shoes, and seasonal items that are either new or gently used.
- Household Items. Access to basic household items such as dishes, utensils, and cookware (based on availability).
- Financial Assistance. Limited financial assistance for needs such as rent, mortgage, or utilities.
- Goal Setting. Receive help with setting and achieving goals.
HOW TO ENROLL
To enroll in either of the Real Life Center’s programs, you must be a permanent resident of either Coweta or Fayette County.
For the Introductory Program, it is not necessary to make an appointment. Simply visit the center no later than 30 minutes prior to closing.
You must bring a photo ID and proof of residency in Fayette or Coweta County.
To enroll in the Full Program you must first schedule an appointment with one of our counselors by calling the center promptly at 9:00 am. Be sure to listen carefully to the phone prompts to land in the right queue. Appointments are taken on a first-come, first served basis and are taken until full.
Coweta County Residents: Call 770-631-9334 on Monday mornings.
Fayette County Residents: Call 770-631-9334 on Tuesday mornings.