Volunteering at the Real Life Center is a great way to make a difference in your community, and in the lives of families who are in need. Whether you’re available for 2 hours or 10, we are thankful for your willingness to serve. Listed below is a sampling of the many different volunteer roles available at our three locations. If you are interested in serving in any of these positions, or have questions about other roles and opportunities, contact Matt Lowe, our Volunteer Coordinator at 770-631-9334, ext. 205, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your willingness to serve. We look forward to welcoming you.
THREE LOCATIONS TO VOLUNTEER
Real Life Center. The minimum age for volunteering is 14 years old provided they are accompanied by an adult. The minimum age for volunteering without adult supervision is 16 years.
- Assist families when they come to shop for food and clothing.
- Sort food and/or clothing donations.
- Perform basic administrative support and/or data entry.
- Stock our shopping shelves.
- Train to be an assessment counselor.
- Assist with special projects.
- Teach a class.
Harvest for Real Life Orchard/Garden. Our orchard is located across the street from the Real Life Center. Children of all ages are welcome to help harvest fruit with their families. For more detailed information, visit our Orchard Volunteer page.
- Pick fresh fruit and package it for distribution to our client families.
- Serve with one of the orchard or garden teams as they prepare the soil, plant, and harvest.
Mobile Food Pantry. Package and distribute food to families at our monthly mobile food pantry at our off-campus distribution site. The minimum age for volunteering is 14 years old provided they are accompanied by an adult. The minimum age for volunteering without adult supervision is 16 years.
Volunteers who wish to serve at any of our three locations must fill out and sign our VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT and RELEASE OF LIABILITY.