Donation Guidelines and Locations
Your gently-used donations make a wonderful difference!
Not only do we provide current families with clothing and household items through the Real Life Center, but all profits from the sale of items at our Real Life Stores go to to the Center to assist hurting families in our local community.
We are very grateful for the generous donations that have helped sustain us! However, some donated items prove to be an added cost to our operations. When we receive items that we are unable to use, we have to dispose of these items, often requiring us to use money that could have been spent on meeting the needs of hurting families.
Click here for helpful Donation Valuation Guide.
Here are some preferred ways to help us use our resources effectively:
- Call before coming to ensure we have adequate space and staff to receive your donation.
- If in doubt about whether we accept specific items you have, please feel free to ask.
- Bring donations in small to medium sized containers that you don’t need back (e.g., bags or boxes).
- Take clothing off hangers before arriving and preferably fold items.
- Important! Please donate only gently-used, clean items that are in usable or saleable condition.
Items we do accept (in working, clean, gently-used or new condition, including all parts):
- Accessories (e.g., belts, backpacks, gloves, hats, jewelry, purses, scarves, and wallets)
- Books, CDs, and DVDs
- Clothing and shoes (all ages)
- Furniture (e.g., accent furniture pieces, baker’s racks, bed frames, bookshelves, chairs, chest of drawers, coffee and side tables, curio cabinets, dinette sets, dressers, hall tables, and sofas)
- Home Décor (e.g., accent pieces, baskets, decorative pillow and rugs, decorative vases, framed art, pottery, and picture frames)
- Kitchen accessories (e.g., cookware and matching sets of flatware, dishware, or glassware)
- Small electric household appliances (e.g., alarm clocks, coffee makers, and lamps)
Items we do not accept:
- Automobile parts (e.g., batteries, parts, and tires)
- Box springs, mattresses, and bed pillows
- Building/construction materials (e.g., carpeting, lumbers, windows, screens, doors, plumbing fixtures, and sinks)
- Car seats and cribs
- Computers and peripherals older than 5 years
- Electronics that are out of date (e.g., VCRs and cassette players)
- Flammable products and materials
- Gas-powered tools and garden equipment (e.g., grills, lawn mowers, and weed trimmers)
- Hazardous products/waste (e.g., pesticides, paint, and oil)
- Inoperable items of any type
- Lighting fixtures and ceiling fans (unless new and in original box)
- Major household appliances (e.g., air conditioners, washers, dryers, refrigerators, garage door openers, and dishwashers)
- Pianos and organs
- Recalled items of any type
- Sofa beds and hospital beds
- Swing sets
- Tools (large size, i.e. table saws)
- Weapons of any kinds
Donation Hours and Locations:
Real Life Center
Address: 975 Highway 74 North, Tyrone, GA 30290
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9am – 12pm and Thursday, 5pm – 7pm
Real Life Store Tyrone
Address: 992 Senoia Road, Tyrone, GA 30290
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10am – 3pm
Note: Donation Boxes for after hours donations are located at Dogwood Church @ 975 Hwy 74 N, Tyrone, GA 30290, Real Life Store Fayetteville, and Real Life Center.